Thursday, February 12, 2009

Take 2 and call me in the morning!!!



Today's not a good day! I know as soon as I wake up in the morning if the day will breeze by or Ill have some trouble coming my way. Today was one of those troublesome days. Migraine for the second day in a row. I'd like to share something with you all regarding the kind of migraines I get.

First of all they aren't your typical regular migraine headache. They are called Complex Migraines. They are probably the worst anyone can possibly get. Symptoms such as weakness, loss of vision, or difficulty speaking in addition to the headache. In fact, a complex migraine may be mistaken for a stroke in many cases. Okay... Yes go back and read that last sentence again!!!One theory about the cause of migraine headaches is that blood vessels in the brain suddenly narrow (or spasm) and then dilate; when the blood vessels dilate, the headache develops. During the spasm phase, certain parts of the brain may receive too little blood, and this may cause the stroke-like symptoms. However, unlike a stroke, blood flow is not permanently interrupted during migraine headaches, and the neurological symptoms are nearly always temporary

I'm 29, healthy and active. I try not to stress out or worry about events. When I am with my family I am happiest. I am scared. I don't want to die. Having headaches like this make me stress about getting these kinds of headaches! LOL ... How do I relax and lead a complex migraine free life? If you happen to be a doctor, know a doctor, or know anything about this, please let me know. I've been seen by my Doctor regarding this issue and was given a shot, told to relax, spend the day in bed, and not to stress.

Please keep me in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment